Horse Available for Lease
Please note- all Project Hope Horses are available for LEASE ONLY, and subject to the following conditions:
1. A home check conducted by a PHHWV Representative
2. For rideable horses, successful completion of a riding compatability assessment
3. maintenance of a current PHHWV Membership for the term of the lease
4. The PHHWV horse must remain within Victoria
5. Mares are not to be used for breeding.
Please contact us if you are interested in any of the available horses....
A 15 year old 15hh appaloosa mare who was surrendered to PH quite recently. She initially displayed some suspicion and uncertainty towards humans and their handling of her, however short term carer and floating wizardess Kerryn found her responsive and willing to learn. She is now with Carol in Short Term Care, and ready to move to a home where she will be an independent but sweet-natured paddock companion, and learn those things that only a patient and relaxed carer can teach.
Willow is a 5yo paint mare who came into Project Hope care after alleged neglect. She had been kept for breeding despite having bowed front legs. She would run up to be near people, but when close was scared of human contact, easily frightened.
Jillian spent 6 months handling Willow. Willow now takes time to trust you, but after this she is happy to be brushed, front feet picked up, and to be haltered and handled. She still does not like to go off on her own from the herd.
Willow likes people and runs up to people she knows. She is looking to spend more time as a companion horse meeting new people, learning to be more relaxed and enjoying humans.
Easy 16hh 22y.o. Dark Bay. Easy is very sweet to deal with. He is easy to ride although he is not educated to riding aids. He could make a light riding horse. You only see him pushy when he is with other horses at feed time.
Rasheem 11y.o. 14.1 dapple grey Arab pony
Rasheem is personable and confident. He exhibits all the Arab traits with free flowing gait & self confidence to the point of cockiness. He runs rings around the other horses & is the first to approach when you enter to paddock. He is easy to handle, clip feet & groom.
Rasheem is personable and confident. We expect he will make a free-flowing, forward
moving riding horseriding horse
14 YO Black Shetland Gelding.
We have a very special little pony that needs a very special home with a very special carer. This is not for the faint hearted so if you are interested - strap yourself in for what may be a bumpy ride.
Eddie came to us as a mature stallion suffering severely from laminitis and serious complications due to a lack of appropriate care. His feet and teeth needed urgent medical intervention and it was touch and go whether he would survive the treatment. Lucky for us and even luckier for Eddie he found himself in the care of an Angel named Bec who has moved heaven and earth to get this little fellow back on his feet – literally.
Without sugar coating anything the following items are what Eddie will need going forward:-
• Eddie is always going to be a pony who’s ‘living on the edge’, in other words, he needs constant management. It won’t take much for laminitis to occur again.
• Eddie needs to live in a herd environment, and in a situation that’ll provide him with plenty of exercise – a laneway system is best. He’s currently on native pasture at with two mares, and has to walk uphill and into a sand arena to gain access to water. The other paddocks are linked to a bush laneway system so as the herd is made to move between pasture, hay and water. Great exercise and great for his hooves too.
• Medication must be given to Eddie twice daily (for the rest of his life).
• Eddie’s new carers must have an understanding and experience with laminitis e.g. understanding the condition as well as pasture management is essential.
• Ideally, Eddie’s new owners need to be able to trim his hooves every couple of weeks or at least pay a barefoot trimmer, who understand laminitic hooves.
• With the right management and environment, Eddie will have a very long, happy life.
Kate is 14.2hh 7 yo Welsh/Arab X mare who has just finished refreshing/retraining with Jessie - Kate has shown enormous amount of talent and with the right rider they will make a great team. Kate will need a rider who is experienced enough who can further educate her. She is a sensitive pony showing that she is very eager to learn once shown. She is forward moving with very striking paces, she has a very soft mouth and a sweet nature.
15.2 hh, 12 year old, Bay TB Mare.
Torry is an amazing mare with a big heart. With her warm, cuddly personality she needs a home where she is going to be the No. 1 horse, as she loves human attention and will spend hours following you around a paddock or stand around being groomed. She loves to be ridden and although she is very green under saddle with soft hands and a kind teacher she is more than happy and eager to learn. Torry is a pleasure to do anything with but she is a TB mare and will need an experienced horse person to take her on. She responds very well to a "confident leader", if she was placed with an inexperienced person she would quickly take on a dominant role. Torry has had extensive ground work over the years and currently responds exceptional well to natural horsemanship. She free lunges, long lines, backs-up on command, floats, ties up, stands on mounting, stands for feet, teeth, worming etc.
Sweet Honesty Czar 'Zar' an 11 year old Arab/Welsh gelding, is ready for a life in any discipline for an experienced person to go on with. He has a beautiful, willing nature, loves a brush and his food. Zar will need a confident handler to expose him to all that is new to him. He holds his weight so will need to be watched in spring if not in work. You will honestly fall in love with this sweet boy Zar!